View Single Post
Old 11-27-2013, 07:37 AM   #47
RLPRACING

Default 11/26/13 Day 104

Don't try this at home kids, but I had to break out the Mr Heater since the high over the weekend was 24 degrees. I was in and out so much, I didn't have to worry about carbon monoxide. I got all the foam cut and installed. Even though sponsorship is the lifeblood of racing, you can see I'm not brand loyal. The pink panther is from Home Depot, the other of course is from Lowes. Home Depot is a half mile closer so they get my business most of the time.
Backup camera installed on the back and you can see the black cable coming into the coach through the back wall. The upper clearance lights' wires pass through the side walls and are wired together on the inside. Each connection is soldered together and shrink tube sealed. I drilled holes through the side steel uprights and the wires pass through these front to back. Instead of trying to use grommets to protect the wires, I shot silicone ln the holes to hold the wires(not done yet in the pic). So the pic is the rear passenger corner. Wires going to the top are going to the light. Wired to the left are going to the next light toward the cab. The wires taped down are going down to the lower compartment and will connect to the tail light wires. I wasn't going to run a ground wire all around and just ground each light to the steel. But I was afraid if there was any corrosion over the years the light would lose ground. Since most of the wires will be sealed in the wall, it would be tough to fix it. All the lights are LED so I'm hoping I never have to replace any.
Attached Thumbnails
20131124_122732.jpg   20131124_122758.jpg   20131125_134732.jpg  
RLPRACING is offline   Reply With Quote